- Casual opportunities based in Gladstone and surrounding areas. Work / life balance with opportunity to build up your working hours with our for-purpose organisation.
- Opportunity to inspire possibility and empower our customers whilst be part of one of the fastest growing and most in demand industries in Australia (Aged Care)
- Some of the perks of working for LiveBetter? Rewards, recognition and well-being initiatives including fitness passport. Continuous learning and development opportunities with diverse career pathway opportunities!
LiveBetter Community Services are one of the largest regionally based providers of community services in Eastern Australia. We strive to enable the people of regional Australia to live their best lives. We know that our staff are our greatest asset and offer:
- Investment in staff training & development with opportunities for diverse career paths
- A flexible & family friendly workplace
- The opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
For further info about us and to see for yourself the great things that we do, you can visit:
About the Role
Working as a Support Worker (Aged Services) you will help to enhance the independence and quality of life of our customers. You will assist customers to maintain their independence in a community setting and provide ongoing domestic, personal and social support to people living in the community. This includes:
- Assisting with personal care needs - this may include toileting, bathing, showering, oral hygiene and other personal hygiene needs.
- Assisting with cooking, food preparation and meal planning.
- Performing domestic duties such as (but not limited to) vacuuming, laundry, general cleaning, dusting, washing dishes, cleaning windows, cleaning carpets, making beds, basic home and garden maintenance.
- Providing transport to medical appointments, social engagements, shopping (including assisting with shopping) and other outings as required.
In addition to this you will need to undertake and pass as part of your role LiveBetter's Clinical Care Competencies Training and other mandatory training.
What LiveBetter needs from you
We would love to hear from you if you are a professional and caring person who is prepared to embrace our values of Integrity, Respect, Cooperation, Empowerment and Excellence in your day to day work life. You will be a compassionate person with a great work ethic and a real desire to assist aged, frail and disabled persons in your community.
It would also be required that you possess the following key skills and experience:
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Willingness to undertake personal care (bathing, toileting, personal hygiene) services with customers.
- Willingness to undertake and ability to pass LiveBetter Clinical Care Core Competencies training and other mandatory training.
- Availability of a fully registered and comprehensively insured vehicle.
- A caring and compassionate approach with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently, whilst enjoying a degree of responsibility in your position.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours and approach to meet the needs of our customers.
- Experience in the use of technology such as smart phones and computer programs.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Certificate III in Individual Support or equivalent.
You will also be required to pass a National Criminal Check, obtain a NDIS Worker Screen Clearance and a positive notice blue card.
Satisfactorily complete a pre-employment medical assessment (including drug and alcohol screening).
To apply for this role, you must provide as part of the online application process:
- An up to date copy of your resume
- Responses to our online mandatory questions. (You will be prompted to do this)
Closing date: 11:59pm, Monday 17th May 2021
Enquiries: Grace Gorton – Recruitment Advisor: (02) 6394 8332
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment campaign to potentially fill future vacancies with similar capability requirements.
LiveBetter is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.