- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Gladstone based role
- Fast paced, customer focused environment
An ASX listed company, who have fuelled Australia for the last 100 years. With people working across the country, we not only trade, import and refine fuel, but also manage complex chains and retail operations, working together to keep Australia moving. Safety will always be a big part of our culture. We continuously improve and refine our safety measures, policies and programs, guided by best practice
About the role:
Reporting to the Territory Manager; a fantastic opportunity offering a varied and broad scope for an experienced Scheduler to join our Gladstone Depot. You will effectively coordinate the efficient scheduling of customer bulk fuel deliveries ensuring that deliveries are made on time and in full. You will schedule fleet across multiple locations not just the area you are based at.
This role will have a network of tanker drivers reporting into it and the role will typically operate between 7am and 5pm Monday – Friday and rostered weekends.
- Optimise the scheduling of deliveries to customers meeting or exceeding their requirements.
- Ensure route plans used are optimised to drive cost efficiency
- Minimise returns and redirections and stock out to customers
- Bring strong health and safety awareness and ensure deliveries are made in a safe manner from instigating site defects and repair process, to ensuring safe operating procedures are followed
- Provide excellent customer service and coordinate emergency/ short notice deliveries.
- Support the Territory Manager with Ad-hoc duties.
Skills and experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in logistics or a related discipline/ relevant industry
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to look holistically to ensure driver runs are done in a methodical and cost-effective way with a focus on fatigue management responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant laws and statutes applying to the movement of petroleum products with road tankers
- Working knowledge of transport rules and regulations
- Well-honed relationship management skills, and the ability to resolve difficult situations
- Self- motived with a curiosity to learn
Our culture is open and team-orientated and lets our employees be themselves while achieving great results.
We are looking for individuals who are aligned to our core company values – Connect to win, Find new ways, Own it, Make a difference for customers and Never stop caring- act as a roadmap to ensure we continue to make life easier for our customers, for our partners and for each other.
What we can offer:
- BabyCare Package (including a BabyCare bonus).
- Paid Parental Leave
- Corporate health plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Study support
- Employee Share Scheme
- Personal Performance Bonus and Company Incentive Scheme
- Two x Ampol Card with a 25% fuel discount, for a privately-owned private-use vehicle
Sound like you? Apply now!